Habits that I incorporated after reading the book:
- no gadgets in bedroom after 8 pm,
- no reading in bed,
- go to bed before 10.30 pm.
Things I learned from the book:
- Key factors that affect sleep negatively:
- unbalanced diet (macro and micronutrients),
- hormone balance,
- lack of exposure to sunlight,
- not being active physically,
- low magnesium level,
- high stress level,
- exposure to ‘blue’ light from gadgets 1-2 hours before bedtime.
- Sleep deprivation > low testosterone > lowered libido > depression > erectile disfunction,
- Sleep deprivation > reduced activity in the frontal cortex > decreased ability in evaluation, self control, rational decision-making,
- Waking up in the middle of the night. There can be several potential issues:
- abnormal hormone cycles,
- not optimal nutrition,
- lack of physical activity,
- exposure to ‘blue’ light(gadgets),
- not blacked out bedroom.
Habits that will incorporate in my life by the end of 2020:
- go to bed before 9.45,
- meditation or any other activity to improve focus and deal with stress.