Hi, I am Maksim, software tester. Thank you for visiting my page!
If you are looking for an entry level tester, please keep reading. You will find a link to my resume, information about my background, experience, skills, qualification and availability. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Why Testing?I started to learn software testing in 2018. Having a degree and several years of experience in Electrical Engineering I decided to switch to software tester. Why?Well, at some point I’ve reached a mid career level and now I think it’s time for me to try something different. I can provide several reasons why I decided to switch to software testing.
- There is a myth that “Anyone can test”. I do not agree with this point. Nowadays, testing requires a range of skills which make you a good tester. I believe that I posses good analytical and communication skills. I also enjoy learning new things. I hope those skills and my hard””working nature will help me to grow professionally in a new field.
- In every field individuals with extensive experience and skills that help their clients solve problems are able to make a good living. I am definitely planning to become one of them, because there is nothing like a satisfaction feeling that comes from meaningful work.
- Modern environment in software development industry offers projects which are both challenging and interesting. There is a huge number of testing activities ranging from manual testing to automation, from test planning and implementation to execution and monitoring. There is also ever-growing list of tools and community of testers. Looks like you never get boring working as a tester. Do you agree?
- My previous experience and projects made me realise that I love to learn, gain new skills and grow as a professional. Who knows, maybe some day I will become a test lead or start my own software project? I often visit such places as producthunt.com. I love learning about and discovering new startups, software projects and tools.
AvailabilityI would like to spend more time working on real projects, learning and developing my skills as a software tester. I reside in Hornsby, NSW, Australia and I would be happy to work both onsite and remotely. Contracts, part-time, full-time offers are welcomed.
SkillsI know that there are dozens of areas that I have not learned yet as a tester, but I believe I already have knowledge and skills to make your software better. Here is the list of testing activities that I am familiar with and had an opportunity to perform in training
- functional testing
- manual testing
- test automation (Python, Selenium)
- usability testing
- mobile testing
- API / Web Services Testing
- exploratory Testing
- bug reporting
- Selenium Web Driver
- Google developer tools
- SOAP UI
- Charles Proxy
- familiarity with HTML, CSS, JSON, YAML, SQL.
- Bachelor in Electrical Engineering (Russia)
- Certificate IV in New Small Business
- 05/2020 – API Testing Foundations, Linkedin Learing
- 04/2020 – Unix for Mac OS X Users, Linkedin Learing
- 04/2020 – Certificate IV New Small Business
- 11/2019 – GitHub for Web Designers, Linkedin
- 08/2019 – HTML & CSS, Codecademy
- 07/2019 - REST API Testing with SOAP UI, udemy.com
- 07/2019 – SQL basics, w3schools
- 06/2019 - uTest Academy, utest.com
- 04/2019 – ISTQB Certificate
Computer Proficiency / Other Tools
Other Areas of Expertise / Hobby
- Audio editing. I worked as a freelancer for Podcast Rocket Agency. I edited audio for multiple clients and podcasts.
- Podcasting & Podcasts. I am a big fan of podcasts. I’ve been listening podcasts since 2011 which really helped me to get where I am now. Since 2017 I was involved in the production of three different podcast. You can check one of them – World Speaks English Podcast – a collaboration project of me and IELTS trainer Darian Sandmartin.
- e-commerce. I have been selling on Amazon since 2016 and launched 3 products. If you have kids or you are dinosaur fan yourself, drop me a line. I would love to send you a demo sample of our new product. Always happy to get feedback on from our audience.
- Website Building. You can check one of my websites thetesttaker.com which I started to help IELTS (International English Language Testing System) candidates to prepare for speaking exam. The main goal was to keep myself committed to learning and improving my skills.
- Music. This is my long-time passion. Underground house, electronic, jazz, broken-beat, music from 60s, 70s and 80s. Here is the link to my Soundcloud Page.
- Russian (native)