This is a short post where I simply list key milestones in my testing journey so far.
I was planning to publish at least one blog post every month. Unfortunately due to some health issues, I skipped a couple of months. That’s why I decided it is much better to publish at least a very short article rather than delay next post for a few more months.
- month 0 (01/2019) – discussed pathways to Testing and my expectations on how to shift to a Testing / QA with a couple of my friends who work in QA. At the time could not find a job as an Electrical Engineer and worked as a courier.
- month 4 (04/2019) – got ISTQB Foundation Level Certification.
- month 7 (07/2019) – completed several online courses including: uTest Academy, HTML & CSS (Codecademy), REST API Testing with SOAP UI (udemy.com).
- month 8 (08/2019) – started testing internship at Aerofiler. My working schedule: 1 day testing + 4 days courier work.
- month 9 (09/2019) – attended several testing meetups in Sydney.
- month 10 (10/2019) – started to learn Python. Completed short GitHub course.
- month 15 (03/2020) – started to learn REST API testing.
- month 16 (04/2020) – set up a small batch of scheduled automated WebUI tests (Selenium, pytest) using AWS EC2 and Jenkins. Completed short Unix command line basics course.
- month 18 (06/2020) – created GitHub repo with 30+ API tests using pytest plugin – Tavern.
- month 20 (08/2020) – starting from August I got paid as a manual tester on a day rate basis. My working schedule: 1 day manual testing internship + 1 day test automation practice at home + 3 days courier work.